The aim of UK Aid Direct is to support civil society to deliver solutions to achieve sustained poverty reduction and to achieve the Global Goals.
UK Aid Direct focuses on reaching the most vulnerable and marginalised populations, in particular girls and women, to ‘leave no one behind’.
The priorities of UK Aid Direct reflect the UK Department for International Development (DFID)’s wider strategic objectives:
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crisis
- Promoting global prosperity
- Tackling extreme poverty and helping the world’s most vulnerable
UK Aid Direct will work towards these priorities by supporting approaches that will:
- Develop and use partnerships to promote greater accountability
- Demonstrate partnerships with youth as agents and advocates for change
- Strengthen the ability of existing and new advocacy actors to enable decision makers to be held to account
- Improve access, supply and quality of basic services
- Show positive behaviour change in targeted groups as a result of the interventions
- Demonstrate increased opportunities for economic empowerment through job creation, income generation and improving market access
- Strengthen the response to conflict and local-level crisis to improve resilience in fragile and conflict-affected states